I guess it's been over a week since my last post. Sorry, but we've been too busy prepping for the BIG event to worry with silly things like blogs.If you're asking what BIG event I'm referencing then you obviously don't have a seven-year-old girl living in your house... I'm talking about HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3!!
Amidst 500 birthday parties this weekend, Grace somehow managed to squeeze in two viewings of the highly anticipated HSM3. She's already asking when she gets to go for her third... I'm thinking it's Kev's turn.
I pulled her out of school a little early Friday (sorry Miss Shelby - but c'mon... it's HSM3!) and we took off for the very first showing on opening day. I think the combination of seeing the movie and missing school was a little much for her and she about passed out in the back seat on the way there.

To be honest, watching her was more fun than watching the movie. Grace is a true romantic at heart (wonder where she gets that from?) and anytime Troy and Gabriella were on the screen together she would just sit with her chin propped up with her fist and have a goofy grin on her face. Since then we've had great discussions.... when is my first kiss going to be? (I said age 30 - she's lucky, Kev would have said 40)... when will I get married?... can I wear a pink wedding dress? can Zac Efron really play basketball?.... look, they all have their ears pierced, why can't I?... why is Sharpay's nose not as big in this one? (just kidding - I threw that one in there).
She's also managed to learn every single word on the soundtrack. We've been having HSM3 sing-and-dance-alongs every night. Finn gets to be my partner. He might not be able to do Ring Around the Rosies, but he does a mean dance to "I Want It All".

So, from film critic Grace Howren: 2 well manicured (pink polish w/ white dots) thumbs up! Oh, and if you're going - can she come too?
2 comments:
So fun! We haven't been yet... but will let you know when I take Sam :) I'm so glad that she loved it!!
don't tell grace but i haven't seen any HSM. when i finally get to see them i want grace to be there. it will make it that much better. what a sweet little girl.
Post a Comment