We had a family meeting last night. We all decided that we are WAY too skinny and it was time to do something about it. What, might you ask? There was only one solution. Deep fried biscuits.
OK, the first part is a stretch...a long, long stretch. However, we really did fry us up some biscuits!
It all started in Canton. After two full days of shopping and buying some fabulous stuff, I have to admit my friend Courtney made the best purchase of all. She bought a bag of Orbitz mini-donuts. She was kind enough to share (she's obviously a nicer person than me) and let me tell you, these things were amazing!!!
Julie sent us a link yesterday to the Orbitz website where you can
purchase your own "Orbitz At Home Kit" for only $30. Since all he heard me talk about since Sunday night were these amazing donuts, I forward the link to Kev. In typical Kev fashion, he dissects the site and quickly figures out all the specs of the actual machine and decides he thinks it's worth the $2,000 investment for the real deal (forget the $30 at home kit). He really begins to scare me when he sends me a link of the trailer you can buy to sell your donuts at any event (watch out swim meets!). He's convinced we can park it at the end of the cul-de-sac and make a fortune. We probably could make a fortune off of Julie and Courtney alone, but I cruelly squash his dream and tell him "no".
So... after all this we've got donuts on our minds. Kev quickly becomes obsessed and is trying to find a donut shop that is still open at 6:00 pm. I mention that growing up my cousin Angie and I used to fry biscuits and make our own donuts. That's all it took and in a flash of light Kev was out the door headed to Randalls for a few cans of biscuits.
Around 7:00 we set up shop. This was Grace's first donut making experience and you'd think we handed the kid gold on a platter she was so excited. She was the designated fry cook, Kev was the glaze maker, and I was the supervisor. I'm not exactly sure what Kev put in the glaze but it was darn good. I did notice a stick of butter missing this morning, so I'm kind of afraid to ask.
I tried to take a picture of the donuts for your enjoyment but they were all gone by the time I got downstairs with my camera. Looks like we're taking this "skinny" problem seriously.
OK, the first part is a stretch...a long, long stretch. However, we really did fry us up some biscuits!
It all started in Canton. After two full days of shopping and buying some fabulous stuff, I have to admit my friend Courtney made the best purchase of all. She bought a bag of Orbitz mini-donuts. She was kind enough to share (she's obviously a nicer person than me) and let me tell you, these things were amazing!!!
Julie sent us a link yesterday to the Orbitz website where you can
purchase your own "Orbitz At Home Kit" for only $30. Since all he heard me talk about since Sunday night were these amazing donuts, I forward the link to Kev. In typical Kev fashion, he dissects the site and quickly figures out all the specs of the actual machine and decides he thinks it's worth the $2,000 investment for the real deal (forget the $30 at home kit). He really begins to scare me when he sends me a link of the trailer you can buy to sell your donuts at any event (watch out swim meets!). He's convinced we can park it at the end of the cul-de-sac and make a fortune. We probably could make a fortune off of Julie and Courtney alone, but I cruelly squash his dream and tell him "no".So... after all this we've got donuts on our minds. Kev quickly becomes obsessed and is trying to find a donut shop that is still open at 6:00 pm. I mention that growing up my cousin Angie and I used to fry biscuits and make our own donuts. That's all it took and in a flash of light Kev was out the door headed to Randalls for a few cans of biscuits.
Around 7:00 we set up shop. This was Grace's first donut making experience and you'd think we handed the kid gold on a platter she was so excited. She was the designated fry cook, Kev was the glaze maker, and I was the supervisor. I'm not exactly sure what Kev put in the glaze but it was darn good. I did notice a stick of butter missing this morning, so I'm kind of afraid to ask.
I tried to take a picture of the donuts for your enjoyment but they were all gone by the time I got downstairs with my camera. Looks like we're taking this "skinny" problem seriously.
1 comment:
YUM!! Sounds like so much fun. And I totally understand the too skinny thing - that is SO our problem over here :)! HA!
Post a Comment