Friday, October 3, 2008

TGIF!

To help make our mornings easier Grace and I sat down and made a breakfast menu for the school week. This helps me know how much time to allot for cooking and also cuts down on answering the question (with the same answers), "but what CAN I have?" ten times every morning. Between the uniforms, short hair and now the breakfast menu I have to say mornings are usually pretty peaceful around here.


My good friend Courtney passed along this recipe to me and Grace chose it as her TGIF breakfast item. Kev even gets up at 6:45 on Fridays so he can eat them with us (and if you know Kev that's saying a lot!). Thought I'd pass it on to you...

Magic Marshmallow Crescent Puffs

Rolls:
1/4 c. sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 (8oz) cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
16 large marshmallows
1/4 cup butter, melted

Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 teaspoons milk

  1. Heat oven to 375. Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon; mix well.

  2. Separate dough into 16 triangles. For each roll, dip 1 marshmallow in melted butter; roll in sugar mixture. Place marshmallow on shortest side of triangle. Roll up, starting at shortest side and rolling to opposite point. Completely cover marshmallow with dough; firmly pinch edges to seal. Dip one end in remaining butter, place butter side down in muffin tin.

  3. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.

  4. In small bowl, blend powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over warm rolls. Serve warm.

Now, I've cursed Courtney's name many a time while eating my sixth crescent puff so I'm warning you... don't hate me... they're that good!

Enjoy..

3 comments:

Angie P said...

luke LOVES these and asks several times a week to help me make them :) thank you for sharing this recipe with me months ago, and thank you to courtney!! :)

the bowlin family said...

yummmy! we will have to give these a try. have i mentioned that i love the blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I have been reading about your days in the Howren household and love it! I'm going to have to give these rolls a try!!!