Sunday, November 2, 2008

No, it's not a dress....

Whew... fun was had by all on Halloween! Grace decided to be a Candy Corn Fairy (decision strongly influenced by the white go-go boots she has yet to take off her feet) so it only seemed fitting that Finn would be a piece of candy corn.


Problem was, once I finally found a candy corn costume for Finn, Kev insisted it was a dress. After reassuring him it was "gender neutral" I went ahead and ordered it with a silent prayer that when it came Finn would somehow masculinize it (it that a word?). Anyway, it came and once Kev saw him in it he got over the whole dress thing.... well until Greyson saw him and the first thing out of his mouth was, "is Finn wearing a dress???". I'm thinking I lost my "picking out Finn's costume" privileges. I still think he looks pretty darn cute.... and quite manly too.







We started out the night at the Steven's big Halloween bash. I was so impressed when we drove up and they had literally boarded up their house (way to recycle those old Ike boards!) with signs spray painted with "danger" and "keep out". Grace had her first bobbing for apples experience (Kev made sure she was first in line to avoid the germ factor) and she had a ball hanging out with her friends. After leaving there we joined the party at the Tulip Garden cul-de-sac. We sure are happy the Beasley's moved in... it's a party all the time!





After that we took off for some trick-or-treating. I have to say the candy will officially be thrown out of our house in 12 hours because so far I've been the only one eating it. The only "treat" Grace ate all night was the apple she got from her bobbing. Where did she come from?



Hope you all had a very Happy Halloween. I know ours was super-sweet with our two candy corns...

3 comments:

SarahFifer said...

PRECIOUS!

Angie P said...

i think sam's crush on grace has been reinstated... "she looks beautiful!" he said.... i said "look how cute finn looks- he's a candy corn!" and sam said "where's grace?" :)

Leigh Ann said...

Luke thinks Grace looks "HOT". When I told him that wasn't an appropriate adjective for a cousin, he changed it to "ok, she looks pretty, then", and walked off.