Wednesday, November 5, 2008

At Least Someone is Celebrating...

Grace's school had their very own election yesterday. Lucky for her, the candidate she voted for won (thus the blowing of the horn on the left!).

They had three 2nd grade Dads run for "President". Every one of them had platforms that they stood for - both good and bad. For example, one dad would give them extra recess all week, and special snack every day for a week. The drawback was they had to read 15 extra minutes every night (torture!) and they didn't get their jeans day on Friday.

They had an election party at the end of the day to announce the winner. I know you're dying to find out who won so I'll get on with it... MR. SLABIC!!! I think the thing that pushed Mr. Slabic over with the votes was his NO HOMEWORK FOR A WEEK platform. They also get a video with popcorn next Friday. Unfortunately they have to pick up trash and worst of all... pay 10 tickets for taxes. Grace has complained and complained about having to pay the tickets. Her exact words were, "but I worked SO hard for those tickets and I had something I was going to buy from the treasure box this week and now I can't because I won't have enough tickets." Get used to it kid!

They also voted for "real" President and here's Grace when it was announced McCain won (she's been watching a little too much FoxNews with Kev):



Here's Grace wiping the icing off her cupcake before she eats it. Who's kid is this???




Here's Grace and her friend, Emma... or maybe it's Lauren. She's chosen twin sisters as her best friends and I'm still confused which is which.



God Bless America!

1 comment:

SarahFifer said...

That's hilarious. Abby's class voted for Clifford or Duck. She voted for Clifford and he won so she was so happy! It's so funny. and that is so funny about the tickets - such a sad reality. Still makes me sad!