Monday, November 17, 2008

Amazing Grace


Eight years ago I was given the most precious blessing... Grace. When they bundled her up and handed her to me I had no idea how life was going to change - and how truly wonderful it would be. I still wonder how I got so lucky.

I could never even attempt to put into words what this precious little girl means to me. All I can say is when Grace walks in the door life becomes much brighter. We have a joke in our house that I push down on her head when she walks out the door to keep her from growing. She used to laugh and tell me to do it "again.. again!". Now she gives me a courtesy laugh, a slight eye roll, and then ducks her head and runs out the door and on to a new adventure. I have to resist the urge to pull her back and give her ten extra pushes in hopes that it really will work and I'll keep my little girl forever.


Moving on... because I'm doing the "ugly cry"... and now my head hurts....

Last night I had a "birthday interview" with Grace. I thought I'd share some of her answers with you:

What was the best part of being 7? I got to show how brave I was during Hurricane Ike.

What was the hardest part of being 7? Greyson thinks I'm so little.

What advice do you have for someone who's turning 7? To have lots and lots of fun!

What is one thing you learned from God last year? How He protects us and always loves us. God makes bad things turn into good things.

What is one thing you learned about yourself last year? I'm not scared to make new friends.

What surprised you last year? That I was going to a new school.

What is the most exciting thing you did last year? Went to Great Wolf Lodge.

What are you most looking forward to as an 8 year old? Getting a cell phone (ummm.... she's going to be quite disappointed!)

What will be your greatest challenge? Trying to keep myself from getting mad at Finn because he draws on all my stuff.

What is the most important thing about being a daughter? Learning manners.

What is the most important thing about being a Christian? Telling others about God & never forgetting Him.

What is the most important thing about being a sister? Watching over my little brother.

What is your favorite subject? Science & Bible

What is your favorite restaurant? Buffalo Wild Wings

What is your favorite food? Wings

What is your favorite song? Amazing Grace (my chains are gone) - Chris Tomlin

What is your favorite band? Jonas Brothers & Uncle David (David Crowder Band)

What is your favorite TV show? iCarly

What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend? Spend time with my family.

Happy Birthday precious Grace.
Thank you for all that you have given us.

Love, Mom & Dad

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Happy birthday sweet girl. I know we didn't impress you much with our singing this morning...but we love you just the same.

the bowlin family said...

Happy Birthday Grace!!! Sorry it is a little late.

Becca, love the interview!! Love your little girl. Love that I can keep up with your sweet life on your blog and through Sarah, both are necessary!

Angie P said...

grace, we love you so much! i remember that sweet, sweet day when you were born.. what a blessing you are to so many people. you are amazing!