Tuesday, November 18, 2008

BirthDAY!

Well, the party never ends... at least if you're Grace Howren. In case you're wondering... yes, that is a crown on top of her head that states "Happy Birthday". She wore it the entire day. Grace's philosophy: what's a birthday without a crown???



We have a tradition in our house of decorating the birthday boy/girl's room while they sleep so they wake up and start their year off right. Grace loved the decor... except that I wrote "We love you Gracie-Poo!" on one of the posters. I got an eye-roll and a "moooommmmm...." and I now realize we have officially outgrown the nickname Gracie-Poo.




You can see the poster Finn made using his expansive vocabulary. I told you the kid is smart!


Kev, Gogi and I headed up to the school to sing and pass out cupcakes. FYI - if you've never tried Sam's Club cupcakes you are totally missing out on something fabulous. I'm quite the cupcake snob and I have to say that I have tasted few that are better than Sam's. They are also 30 for $11.00. Can't beat that!



After school Grace had Greyson, Jack, Max & Libby down to the cul-de-sac so she could try out her new rollerblades. Pretty sad that she mastered a skill in less than 10 minutes when it took her mom her entire college career to learn just how to stand upright without breaking her neck.



From rollerblading we headed to Buffalo Wild Wings with Gogi to celebrate. How was invited but unfortunately stayed at home with a cold. Grace insists that we need to celebrate again with How (I told you... the party never ends!).





What a Happy Day!

2 comments:

Angie P said...

precious girl! everything with you is just FUN! :) you get that from your momma ;) i love that we got to see all of your fun day... btw i still can't rollerblade :( maybe you can show us how! for my birthday next year, can your mom and dad come to allen to decorate my room for me?! :)

SarahFifer said...

Happy Birthday Big Girl Grace!! The Fifer girls (and X too) love you!!