Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Sweetest Story Ever Told

Grace brought home a large envelope in her backpack on Thursday. It had this message on the front:

On December 15, 2008 I retold the story of Jesus' birth in my second grade writing class. The story that I wrote is in this envelope. I'd like to store the envelope with our family's Christmas decorations. Then each year I can read the story and be encouraged by God's faithfulness as I grow in His ways and for His glory. - Grace Howren

So... here's the story of Jesus' birth as told by Grace...


One day in the Bible times, there was a girl named Mary. Mary liked a guy named Joseph. Mary and Joseph were engaged to get married (hearts all around it). Mary was asleep. When God woke up Mary she was scared. Mary was so scared to tell Joseph that the baby's name was Jesus.


So that night the angel told Joseph that they need to go get counted and so Joseph got all the supplies so Mary was asleep. Joseph let Mary sleep. Joseph got ready. Joseph was in the carpenter stable. Mary was so scared to tell Joseph but she did and the angel came to him. They loved the name Jesus.


Joseph and Mary got dressed and in Mary's heart she was excited. Joseph told her that he got it all ready so they got on the donkey and brought stuff with them. All of a sudden Mary said, "I feel like it is going to come out Joseph". They got there and there was no room. A kind man gave them a fine place so they got to sleep.



Joseph woke up and the baby was here. Mary woke up and put him in a little cradle. But not exactly a cradle. The wisemen always studied the stars. They finally got there. They came in the stable very honored! A day after that the shepherds came in. When King Herod heard about it he was not happy!!!!! They saw the Christ star and they were pleased and so it was a good moment!


And they had a good Christmas!


We hope you have a good Christmas too ~ Kev, Beck, Grace & Finn

1 comment:

SarahFifer said...

PRECIOUS!!! Keep that one forever!!