Ok... I copied that title from Sarah's Blog maybe because I'm insanely jealous that she's been away in New York enjoying the snow. I figure she at least owes me a catchy blog title.
In case you haven't heard, it snowed in HOUSTON today! If our friends Dave & Janet who live in Colorado are reading this I know they are laughing at us. A few flurries fall and all of Houston goes nuts (and I do mean NUTS!). I went by Academy to buy hand warmers for Grace's field trip tomorrow and they were all sold out by the registers. They said as soon as the snow started this afternoon the masses invaded to take all the warming equipment. I had to venture off into "hunting land" to buy real official hunting warmers. Once I found the "warmer" section I had a choice of hand/foot warmers or actual BODY warmers. In my wimpy opinion if you're having to use a total body warmer it isn't worth going wherever you're going. Just stay inside.
Back to the snow. It all started when Grace was in her swim suit headed to swim lessons after school. Julie was a gem and took her for me and she said the kids were precious running around in their swim suits yelling, "it's snowing!". I'd give anything for a picture.
Tonight the entire family had dinner at Steak 'N Shake (that's fine living for you!) and headed to Target to shop for our adopted family. Let me tell you, Target + 8 kids + one shopping list + multiple toy aisles + snow = complete and total chaos. I loved every minute of it.
Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me but when we got home I took some pictures of our car just to prove it really does snow in Houston.
Yes, those are those goofy reindeer antlers and nose that goofy people stick on their cars. I got them from Leigh Ann for my birthday. Grace thinks they're the greatest because now she's "the totally coolest kid in car-rider line". I guess it doesn't take much to earn that title these days.
Just because it makes me happy I included a picture of the last time it snowed in Houston. It was Christmas Eve 2004. Grace was just four (she actually has roller skates on in this picture). I can remember her in full princess gear skating around in the snow making us all laugh and realizing just how special these moments are. Geez... that seems like yesterday.
2 comments:
so exciting!! people all over facebook were talking about it (my houston "friends") amazing!! i love the reindeer (mom you are sooo cool!) and i love that pic of grace when she was 4- wow! side note-sam picked out spiderman roller skates for luke for his "brother" christmas gift... kent was freaking out that he's only 4 and will be learning to skate... so glad to know that sweet grace was 4, too! :) love yall-
That's so fun!! You can steal my titles anytime :)
Post a Comment