Thursday, December 4, 2008

These shoes were made for (bleccchhhh.....)

Today was a big day. Grace had her highly anticipated field trip at school. These last couple days she's been more concerned about missing THE field trip than puking on the floor in computer class if front of all of her friends (reference Tuesday's post). If I've answered the question, "mom, will I be able to go Thursday?" once, I've answered it a million times.

What's so exciting about the field trip you wonder? HIGH HEELS. That's right, nothing exciting happens in Grace's life that doesn't involve fashion. Her class went to the theater downtown to watch a Christmas play and were instructed to wear their "holiday best". You know what that means... new shoes! Grace begged and begged and since I feel sorry for her because she's losing the ongoing debate with Kevin over pierced ears I gave in and bought her the highly awaited first-ever-pair of high heels. We even had a "practice walking runway" in our den to make sure she could handle them.

So, this morning she wobbled out the door and I got Finn ready for school (yet another attempt for a day alone). Here's where I bet you can guess the rest of the story... I got THE phone call.

Grace hadn't thrown up for over 36 hours (we've even had Rudy's BBQ and Santa's Wonderland thrown in there), then she heads back to school and what does she do in the back of the theater? BBBLLLLEEECCCCHHH....

So, the beautiful day with the beautiful high heels was ruined.



Thought I'd share a pic of the infamous shoes. I guess if you're yacking in the back of the theater you might as well have some "kickin" shoes on!

3 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Beautiful sweet girl looks so grown up. I've already heard about the shoes from Allie...and how that Grace is younger than Allie but Grace already got heels. Thanks sis!

the bowlin family said...

Very cute shoes. Love them! So sorry that Grace is still sick! What a bummer!!

Angie P said...

i can't believe how grown up grace looks! wow! she is such a beautiful girl... with beautiful taste in shoes :) i hope she is feeling better soon. the good news is that even though she is sick (and threw up again) she gets to keep the shoes! ;)