So... here are the facts:
- Took Grace to school last Tuesday. Get the call she's thrown up. She's great once I get her home. By the end of the day the craft bucket is empty and house is overflowing with paperchains, snowflakes and Christmas banners. The kid is not sick (but quite crafty!).
- Kept her home Wednesday (a "just in case" day - and so the other moms wouldn't talk about me).
- She goes back Thursday after feeling GREAT the last two days and I get the call again. BLECH! Once she gets home she's perfectly fine. She moves on from crafts to baking...
- Keep her home on Friday (since she had thrown up at the theater in front of three grades I was still a little paranoid to be tagged as "the mom who sends her kid to school sick"). Lee Lee takes pity on me (and the kitchen) and takes her to run errands all day.
- Survives three birthday parties and tons of holiday activities over the weekend with no yakking or upset stomach.
- Get the call AGAIN yesterday. More puke. The school nurse informs me this is "the third time Grace Howren has thrown up at school in a week." REALLY? Thanks for counting. I know I wasn't (*insert eye-roll*)...
So... what in the world is going on with this kid? We spent most of the day yesterday at the pediatricians office and the lab having tests run. They've put her on a special diet to "cleanse her system". Grace, exhibiting how she really was switched at birth and really isn't my child, is loving it. Who doesn't love plain boiled chicken breasts and bananas?
The coolest part of this whole thing is that they've given her some magical pill. It dissolves on her tongue and she WILL NOT throw up for 8 hours. My question is why the heck did someone not introduce us to this pill a long time ago? Last virus I had I would have gladly given handed over my first born to have gotten my hands on one of those pills.
The coolest part of this whole thing is that they've given her some magical pill. It dissolves on her tongue and she WILL NOT throw up for 8 hours. My question is why the heck did someone not introduce us to this pill a long time ago? Last virus I had I would have gladly given handed over my first born to have gotten my hands on one of those pills.
Last night Grace had her BIG Christmas program with her BIG part she scored. After much pleading and many tears (and a pill on her tongue) we decided to let her go. She performed all one lines like the actress that she is -and best news was NO PUKE on the microphone (this had been her fear the last 24 hours). Thank goodness for those little pills. I wonder if it's too late to add those to my Christmas list?
So, please say a prayer for Grace. We're not sure what's going on in that stomach of hers. I still think there's some sort of conspiracy here to never allow me to have my Tuesday/Thursday "alone day".
1 comment:
poor thing!! Did you tell that nurse to, well I won't say that on your blog... Hope she is over it and it's nothing! I'm surprised she hasn't told you she's allergic to school :)
Post a Comment