Her original "requests" were a cell phone (um... no), laptop (um... no again), and flat screen TV. A TV would be nice - I just have a problem with the fact that the only flat screen TV in our entire house would be in my eight-year-old daughter's room. Doesn't seem right.
So, I had her sit down and make her Santa list. Since our only "B" right now is in handwriting I'll translate for you.


Title - "Rock and Roll Santa" (nice beginning... way to set the mood)
Wii Band
Mario Cart Wii game
Ok... so we're off to a good start but here's where it gets interesting...
A little baby dog - I don't care what it looks like
Some of those Sonic tots or the tiny ones.
And a box of the Burger King Mario toys
And a whole box for the Sonic tots too (the girl loves her Sonic!)
And a autograph from you or a bell!
And a backstage pass to the Jonas Brothers concert or any rock and roll star!
And some money or a ornament from you.
And a page that says when your birthday is and when you started being Santa.
And some red prols (????)
And some magic for your reindeers. I promise you I will not put it on or tell anyone!
Needless to say Grace doesn't have many presents under the tree right now.
I think it's been difficult because this is the year she officially grew out of the toy stage. I went to Target the other day (for the 133,897th time this month) and walked down the Barbie aisle and my heart grew sad. I stood and stared at the new Barbie Diamond Castle and almost cried. Where have those days gone? When did a cell phone become more exciting than the new Little Pet Shop Vet Clinic? How come when I pointed out a Polly Pocket set did she tell me she would rather have a sweater from Abercromie... or a new scarf... or some Ugg boots (knock offs of course!)?
It does make my heart a little happier when she then asks, "does Santa even know how to make Abercrombie sweaters?". Makes me feel like my little baby girl is still in there.
So after my private moment with the Barbie Diamond Castle I hopped over to the Fisher Price aisle and loaded Finn up on all the Little People this house can hold. At least I still have one baby in the house (who isn't asking for pierced ears!).
I had a girls night the other night and when I got home Kev told me I had a "present" in my bed. Here's what I found... knocked out cold... but still showing her Christmas spirit.
Merry Christmas!
5 comments:
She looks 3 years old sleeping there! PRECIOUS!
Allie said it's not red prols - it's REAL PEARLS and that Grace has mentioned wanting some.
becca, that picture is absolutely precious!
i'm going to be on the lookout for some red pearls :)
i love this post! just so you know i could read every word of the letter to santa! the picture is priceless.
so did she get the red pearls???
Post a Comment