JANUARY: the month of new haircuts. Grace went short:
Finn went for a mohawk (guess who's idea that was???)...
FEBRUARY: We have a Valentine's tradition that started when Grace was born. Kev takes Grace out on a date and my "Valentine gift" was take-out, a good book, and a night alone. Now it's even better and I get my very own Valentine date with Finn! In the past Kev's dressed up in a suit (big deal if you know Kev), rang the front doorbell to pick up Grace and presented her with a corsage. He then has taken her to a "date restaurant" as she calls it. The idea has always been to set the standard high for when she goes out with a real boy for Valentine's Day (when she reaches the age of 30 if it's up to Kev). This year however, the Jonas Brothers were here on Valentine's night so he surprised her with tickets. Rock on Dad!
Here I am with my man on Valentine's.
Thanks to Gogi & How the entire clan headed to Great Wolf Lodge for a family vacation in February. I would post a pic of me in my swimsuit at Great Wolf Lodge but somehow those got deleted off the computer. Darn...
Grace, Finn & Allie (the best babysitter in the world)
MARCH: Our little bunnies at Easter
March also included lots of cheering for the Wildcats (ahem... notice reference to High School Musical) volleyball team.
APRIL: Happy 1st Birthday sweet buddy.
Finn's first guitar lesson. Starting them young....
MAY: Still wondering where this kid comes from... Grace rocked it at swim team this year. Go Whitesharks!
JUNE: Golf camp with cousins. Unlike her mother, Grace knows the difference between all those clubs in the bag and actually knows how to use them.
We changed our mailing address to the pool this summer. That's pretty much where we lived.
JULY: Finn was quite the patriotic dude at the parade.
Not to be outdone, Grace pulled out the 'fro
AUGUST: The kids start a new adventure at CCS.
Headed to school on the first day. Why does this picture make me want to cry?
After summer was over and Grace would walk out the door to school, Finn would stand at the door and look for her. Poor buddy was a little lost with GaGa gone.
SEPTEMBER: Grace got her first electric guitar (and mom got her first ear plugs). Great idea Kev!
Finn's first day of school. *sniff-sniff*
OCTOBER: the gratuitous pumpkin pictures...
Our sweet candy corn and candy corn fairy.
NOVEMBER: Grace turned 8 at her fun & chaotic Bolt birthday party.
Little Indian at his Thanksgiving Feast...
Thanksgiving at NaNa & PaPa's
DECEMBER: Christmas with the clan. The only time all day that any of them sat still.
Christmas in Texarkana. The sock monkey has become a permanent part of our lives as has the "Pop Goes the Weasel" tune become a permanent part of my brain. Thanks NaNa!
What a beautiful and blessed 2008.
Thank you all for being a part of it.
Here's to 2009...
2 comments:
LOVE IT!! thanks for such a great post! Happy New Year. Hope I see the Howrens more in 2009 :)
I love this!! I might steal the idea for my very own blog. It is so out dated and I am so behind. I love see all the pictures of your sweet family. Thanks for having a great blog so I can be apart.
Post a Comment