Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge


After trekking through Waco we finally got to Great Wolf Lodge. What's the first thing we did? That's right... jumped in our swimsuits and headed to the indoor water park. Ahhh... the glorious feeling of donning a swimsuit in January. Obviously Grace doesn't have the same issues her mother does as she's quick to strike a swimsuit pose for the camera...

If you haven't been to GWL... here's my plug (and if you sign up mention my name - I'll get free coupons to the Northern Lights Arcade - totally kidding). It is a wonderful place to go. Perfect for our family. We've been to Disney twice with the clan and to be honest the kids get just as excited to go to GWL.




Here's a pic of the room. Ok, this really isn't our room... this is the pic off the website. If I showed you a picture of our actual room you wouldn't be able to see anything for all the clothes, wet swimsuits, toys & snacks thrown all over the room. Then you wouldn't want to go. Then I wouldn't get my free tokens. Kidding again.

Anyway, the kids have their very own "bunk room" made to be like a wolf den. They have their own flatscreen TV with gaming system. Woo hoo! Sounds great until you realize Finn can't sleep in a bunk. So guess who got to??? That's right... me. After I got over the whole claustrophobic thing it wasn't too bad - especially once I got control of the TV.

The waterpark is super-fun - especially for our water rat kids. Finn lived up to his name and loved every second of it. I had an amazing five days of playing "chase" in the kiddie pool area. Then I got smart and started recruiting Allie over to the kiddie pool. She's the best "little mommy" there is.

Grace and Kev enjoyed the Crooked Creek lazy river, Howlin' Tornado, Cannon Bowl, Beaver Tail Wave Pool, and quesadillas & pizza pool side. You can also purchase (hey... nothing's free) a "magic wand" and go on an adventure throughout the hotel. It all a great idea until you realize you're waiting 30 minutes for an elevator because all these kids are running around with their wands trying to finish their "quest". I about knocked them over the head with those wands just to get to the 2nd floor.

We had a great time swimming, eating, shopping, eating, playing in the arcade, eating, and eating (I know, not helping the swimsuit issue). It was the perfect break after the craziness of the holidays.




Gogi & How - thank you for another wonderful trip. It's so fun to see all the kids together making memories that will last forever. We had Allie in our car on the way home and they girls were trying to guess where we would go next year. Grace commented, "you know Allie... I think Gogi & How are pretty great". Allie responded, "Grace - I KNOW they're great... and not just because of these trips". We think you're pretty great too.


Grace, Greyson & How enjoying their fudge at the Bass Pro Shop. That's right - the whole family enjoyed the hunting, fishing and whatever else they have there while the Howrens enjoyed the fudge shop (typical).

Grace terrorizing Adam (he secretly loves it) with her kisses. She loves that boy!

Luke & Max cheesing it up for the camera.

Don't let those sweet faces fool you....those are our two little troublemakers... Jack & Luke

Our sweet little girls and their all you can eat ribs!

No comments: