Dear Blog,
I'm sorry I've neglected you lately.
I had visions of the holidays ending, the kids going back to school, and the two of us spending so much time together. Unfortunately, I must have been envisioning someone else's life since obviously things haven't slowed down around here.
I won't sit here and tell you how busy I am. You know me well enough to know that one of my major pet peeves (along with being called "Becky" and people not RSVP-ing) is when people tell me how busy they are. I mean really... who isn't busy? Do you ever meet someone that wants to tell you about all the free time they have? Do you know anyone who is wondering how they're going to spend all this extra time they have on their hands? No, people... WE ARE ALL BUSY!!!
*Ahem... I'll step down from my soap box now*
I will, however, tell you what I've been up to...
After the holidays I had to deal with the mess. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to clean closets and drawers before putting away the Christmas treasures we found under the tree. My inspiration (and energy) quickly wore off and now I'm drowning in piles. Piles for Goodwill... piles for hand-me-downs... piles of "stuff I hope I can get rid of without Grace or Kev seeing". I'm realizing that last pile mentioned has grown smaller and smaller so I'm thinking they've caught on to my system. I guess maybe Guitar World, Issue 3566, September 1992 really might come in handy one day. Who knows, maybe Grace really does need those 29 Barbie shoes with no match. Geez....
So to distract myself from my unfinished "organizing my entire house" project I decided to do nothing other than start a new project.... redecorate Grace's room! I'll have to tell you all about this brilliant idea later. So now I've added more piles... piles of furniture... piles of bedding... piles of stuff I found under Grace's bed that I've yet to identify. By the way, you can now make that 39 Barbie shoes with no match.
To relax from all the stress I started the Twilight series and moved on to the Shopaholic series. I quickly became obsessed, lost track of time, and no one saw me for days.
Then we left on vacation. I'll have to tell you about that too. I thought maybe getting away would re-energize me to finish all these darn projects. Or maybe I was hoping the "project fairy" would visit while we were gone.
No such luck...
Now I find myself home... with piles... and paint... and laundry... and three more Shopaholic books screaming to be read.
I'm ignoring them all to spend time with you.
So Blog, this is a promise. I won't neglect you any more.
Now on to my piles...
~Becca
2 comments:
:) so fun to hear from you again!! he he btw can you come redecorate (and pay for) MY room?! :) i'd love it! i do want to talk thru some "re-arranging"of rooms while we're on girls weekend...need your input... darn it, when are you going to move here? ;)
i want to hear about it all, especially the "grace room redo"! i will be checking back soon!
Post a Comment