We took a break from the water park fun and snuck away for a "Girls Day". While the boys all went to see "Mall Cop" and do other boy things (ummm.... too scared to ask), Aunt Julie, Aunt Lee Lee, Gogi, Grace, Allie and I headed to the American Girl store to see what damage we could do. Turns out we did a lot!
We started out with a special brunch for the girls and their dolls (Kitt & Jess). Needless to say Grace and Allie couldn't eat much due to their excitement of having their dolls SIT right next to them in their special seats. We actually bought one of those seats to bring home and Kitt has been enjoying all her meals with us since.
Here's a pic of my me & my sweet baby girl (and Kitt too). Not exactly sure why I'm holding Kitt's hand in the picture. Guess we were having a moment...
We moved on to the best part... shopping. Grace was in heaven surrounded by matching clothes for she and Kitt. It's times like these that my heart melts and I realize that behind those Abercrombie clothes, earrings, sunglasses, and sassy attitude my little girl still exists. She finally settled on some matching PJ's and a few dresses for Kitt.
The highlight of the day had to have been when Kitt got her ears pierced just like Grace. We kind of wondered about the process because they took her to a "back room" to do the deed. Grace was sad because she wanted to hold Kitt's hand during it just like Kev did for her. Kitt survived though and looked gorgeous with her new studs.
Now, I can't lie and say the whole day was roses. The moms and girls were CRAZY in that joint. First of all, who knew that you had to walk out of a Neiman's catalog to shop there? I guess me and my Target Merona sweater didn't get that memo. I also had to hold back my temper as a little girl had the nerve to sass our little girls and then turn around and sass Leigh Ann and me. Yes, that's right... she turned around, put her hand on her hip and INFORMED us that, "no one takes my place in line." I thought I was going to have to physically restrain Leigh Ann from going after that stink pot. It was quite entertaining hearing Grace and Allie retell the story to everyone. Grace will tell you she held her own because she rolled her eyes at her... TWICE. I raised quite the fighter! Go get 'em Grace...
I just had to put this picture in here. Impressed me more than anything in the whole store. Obviously it impressed Grace too since she ran back from the bathroom to bring us all back in the bathroom with her to show us the fascinating DOLL HOLDER. Yep... you can just set your doll in the holder while you take care of business and pick her right back up on your way out. What will they think of next???
What a special time for us girls. Thanks Aunt Julie for leaving your boys behind and playing with us. Grace loves that she gets to be your little girl too.
1 comment:
TOO FUN! Loved seeing the pics of your sweet girls.
Post a Comment