Sunday, September 28, 2008

Shoes

When it comes to shoes, Grace is a lot like me. She tends to stick to one pair and neglect the several other pairs "she couldn't live without" in her closet. Right now she is obsessed with her Converse Clear All Stars.



I think primarily she's in love with them because they are comfy (unlike the flats and "heels" overflowing in her shoe holder). I must admit this is pretty much the reason I stick with my Old Navy flip-flops.

Grace is also obsessed with wearing fun and funky socks under them since they show through. I think this is her way of showing a little rebellion with her school dress code. Leave it to Grace to find a way to show individuality while still wearing her uniform. The longest part of her morning (or should I say OUR morning???) is going through her sock bin and figuring out what "sock mood" she's in for the day. It might be monkeys playing guitars, frogs in love, patriotic stars & stripes, hippos in tutus, polka dots, Girls Rock.... but there's NEVER a plain sock day (insert eye-roll at the suggestion).

So, when you see those tacky sock displays at Target and wonder who in the world lets their kid wear Hannah Montana character socks now you know...





1 comment:

SarahFifer said...

She's SO hip!! That's hilarious and very cute!