Monday, September 1, 2008

The Pressure...

So, here we are... at the "Howren Hangout". I'm not sure why you're here but I can tell you why I'm here:
  • I gave into the pressure. It seems that the "blogworld" is all about recruitment. I think it's like a pyramid scheme... the more people you sign up the more fonts you get or something. I'm still waiting for the "pitch". So, to my blogger friends - you won. I'm clearly not as strong as I thought I was. Now I need to find 3 more friends to sign up to blog... and then curlz is all mine!
  • If you know me at all you know I'm horrible at emailing and even worse at sharing pictures. I get this a lot from my out-of-town friends and family. I'm hoping this will help you all connect with us and keep my inbox clean.
  • To start writing down all the wonderful memories my kids are creating every day. It seems that every day I'm laughing at one (or both) of them thinking, "I've got to write this stuff down..."
  • To prove to my husband there really is a "list". Finn started Mother's Day Out (more about later) last week. Any task that has been presented to me in the last 17 months I have responded with "oh... I'll do that when Finn starts school". Lately when Kev doesn't think I'm looking I catch an eye-roll and a mumbled "I know... I know... when Finn goes to school." Watch out because according to "the list" pretty soon I will be the skinniest, most organized, best cooking, well read, elliptical running, clean car driving to the grocery store girl in the world! So item #132 (start blog) - CHECK!
So - thanks for visiting. We hope you come back to the Howren Hangout soon...

Becca

7 comments:

Angie P said...

Love you girl! Can't wait to "hang out" here regularly :) I know, I know... I'm working on mine :) Tell Kev that he did a great job with the design (if he did it, or did you??) and I LOVE the pictures!! xoxox

SarahFifer said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE It - I hope I had something to do with the peer pressure. We have always been good at convincing each other!!1 I'm so thrilled to keep up with your family more and see your kids on a regular basis!! Thanks for being weak and giving in like the rest of us :)

Anonymous said...

I am impressed!! Now, if you could just tutor me, along with helping me with the facebook thingy.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! finally a way to keep up with the elusive Howrens!!!!Great blog!!! Wish I even knew how to start!!! This is my first blogging experience--Do you feel honored?!?!
Angie

Anonymous said...

NANA & PAPA

We love the blog site! Best looking kids anywhere. We look forward to each addition of the HOWREN Hangout" Please keep them coming!

We love Graces hair cut.

Hang in there Finn.

Love you all

the bowlin family said...

WOOOOHOOOOO! I am so happy you have started blogging. I love it and I will be checking it often!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rebecca,
I can believe most of the things that you say you are going to be good at, but I am a bit skepical about the "cooking". I want to be the judge the next time we meet!!
Tell Grace I said "Hi" and remind her to keep How on his toes.

Dave.