If my blog is a reflection of my real life it seems as if I'm always at least a week behind.
That sounds about right.
So... let's talk about Valentines Day!
Kev surprised Grace by bringing her flowers to lunch. It was one of those moments that I would have given anything to be there... but I knew it was their moment.
We had gone to buy the flowers earlier that morning and we fell in love with a corsage they had. It looked so much like Grace - pink roses, lots of sparkles, and fit on your wrist with pink rhinestone bracelets. Unfortunately it was $40. We both went on about how crazy that was and opted for the $8 tulips instead.
We got back in the car to go home and I started talking about how perfect that corsage was for Grace, but it would be silly to spend that kind of money. Before I know it Kev is turning the car around, headed back to the florist muttering under his breath, "seriously... how many years will Grace love sparkly things??? and how long will she actually think it's cool I'm coming to lunch to see her??? and how long until a boy is bringing her flowers and not me??? ". He was a man on a mission after that and needless to say Grace ended up with a beautiful pink, sparkly corsage. Kev called me on the way home from lunch and all he said was, "it was worth every penny". Let's just say Grace Howren had the best Valentine in the world - her Dad. By the way, guess who inherited the $8 tulips???
We got back in the car to go home and I started talking about how perfect that corsage was for Grace, but it would be silly to spend that kind of money. Before I know it Kev is turning the car around, headed back to the florist muttering under his breath, "seriously... how many years will Grace love sparkly things??? and how long will she actually think it's cool I'm coming to lunch to see her??? and how long until a boy is bringing her flowers and not me??? ". He was a man on a mission after that and needless to say Grace ended up with a beautiful pink, sparkly corsage. Kev called me on the way home from lunch and all he said was, "it was worth every penny". Let's just say Grace Howren had the best Valentine in the world - her Dad. By the way, guess who inherited the $8 tulips???
Here is Grace opening her corsage. She wore it the rest of the day and later on for her date. I had to include this picture because I don't think I've seen Grace in a hair bow for about four years. I think she was sad she couldn't wear a Valentine shirt so went with the Valentine bow.
Grace & Kev... seriously... can I love him any more???
The infamouse corsage... been worn quite a few times since Valentine's Day. Who says you have to have a reason to wear a corsage (or a crown for that matter)?
We had to go out of town for a funeral on Saturday so Kev and Grace had their annual Valentine date on Friday night. Take a good look. You'll never see Kev in a suit again. Well, until next Valentine's...
Here is my precious Valentine date. He's showing you his CCCCAAAAAARRRRR!!!! (that's how he says it - REALLY loud) that he got for Valentine's Day. We stayed home in our jammies, shared chicken nuggets (his favorite) and watched Wow Wow Wubsy. Perfect night if you ask me.
Hope you all felt very loved this Valentine's Day!
3 comments:
That is absolutely precious. Just this morning, I had to find a baby picture of Adam for 5th grade day, and I opened an album to find pictures of you and Kev (and Timon) on the day you told us you were expecting Grace. Then there were pictures of the day she was born and before long I was sucked in to going through the entire album.
And now look at her.....Kev's totally right, it won't be too much longer until another boy is bringing her flowers. However, I know Grace and I think she'll like pink sparkly things for a very long time.
oh, this is so precious!! i love the photos of kev and grace together... the corsage is just priceless and i agree worth every penny! how fun and what amazing memories you will all have from this valentines.
TOOO cute! Totally worth $40 - memories have no price and she will cherish that one forever!! Glad you and Finn had a good night too :)
Post a Comment